Share
Indoor mould growth – is it really a problem?

Indoor mould growth – is it really a problem?

Indoor mould growth – a problem that some people fear, while others are not aware of its dangers. Sometimes, due to a water leakage, or indoor dampness, mould can appear, either in visible areas, or under walls or ceiling. If you have never experienced such a situation, then you might not know how unpleasant this fungus can prove to be, from various reasons. Although, most of the time, homeowners are able to notice mould growth, either through visible signs or through irritating smell, there are situations when only pros can discover this issue. This is the reason why opting for professional mould testing is a wise choice, giving you the chance to find out on time if you are dealing with a mould infestation or not. If you are not quite sure if and why mould growth is really such a big problem, then some details on the subject might help you out.

Nasal congestion and respiratory problems

These are ones of the most common harmful effects of mould on those who are constantly exposed to the fungus. Mould can make the indoor air seem unbreathable, and a nasal congestion is an obvious repercussion. Although it may seem like a thing you can ignore, when experiencing such an issue, without any other explainable causes, you should correlate the problem with mould and hire a team of experts for an inspection. Respiratory problems should not be neglected, because if left unattended they can quickly lead to even the appearance of asthma, which you already know it is hard to treat. Nasal congestion and respiratory problems should be considered a sign of fungus exposure.

Eye and skin irritation, headaches, nosebleeds

Other common conditions that can be caused by mould are eye and skin irritation, headaches and even nosebleeds. If you are a more sensitive type of person, the chances of dealing with these health repercussions are very high. Inhaling air that has been infested due to fungus growth is certainly not beneficial for your well-being, and if there are children or elderly people living in your home, the need of an inspection is even greater.

Severe symptoms

Besides the dangers above-mentioned, which may seem slightly insignificant, other more severe symptoms are linked to indoor mycotoxigenic mould exposure. From pulmonary fibrosis and immunologic disorders to cardiac conditions or neurotoxicity, studies have showed a connection between this type of fungus and serious diseases. Why take such a risk, when it is so easy to hire a pro to inspect your home from on a regular basis?

These are only a few of the many dangers that this issue can provoke. After reading these aspects, you should consider them as warning signs, if you have already experienced them, and if not, resort to an professional inspection at least once a year, to make sure your home environment is not at risk, and the health of your dear ones is protected. In just a few dozen minute, the right experts can tell you if you are dealing with a problem or not, and regular inspections are recommended.